Wheel of Time book 2
This page contains my lego fan art of The Wheel of Time, book 2: The Great Hunt, by Robert Jordan. Robert Jordan has passed away, but he left an active fan community at Dragonmount, which is a great place to go for an introduction to the series.
Spoiler warning: spoilers through chapter 40.
You can view the artwork either through the gallery below or the individual image links just below the gallery. Below that, I have included a discussion of the lego build and some of the customization involved, followed by copyright and use information. If you're on mobile, the menus are at the bottom of the page.
Individual image links
From chapter 1: The Flame of Tar Valon
From chapter 8: The Dragon Reborn
- Rand is brought to meet with Moiraine, Verin, and Siuan.
- Rand is brought to meet with Moiraine, Verin, and Siuan. (Closeup)
From chapter 9: Leavetakings
From chapter 11: Glimmers of the Pattern
- Ingtar delivers Moiraine's package to Rand
- The Shienaran camp
- Rand opens The Dragon Banner
- A strange stone
From chapter 13: From Stone to Stone
From chapter 18: To the White Tower
- Tar Valon, facing northeast.
- Tar Valon, facing north
- Tar Valon, facing west
- Tar Valon, facing northwest
- Tar Valon and Dragonmount, facing southwest
- Arrival at Northharbor (facing southeast)
From chapter 39: Flight From the White Tower
From chapter 40: Damane
- Almoth Plain (chapter 40)
- Seanchan at the Waygate
- Egwene, Nynaeve, and Elayne
- Liandrin presents the supergirls to Suroth, Elbar, Renna, and Alwhin
- Egwene and Min are captured
- Liandrin departs through the Waygate
- Seanchan: the Hailene
- The Battle of Falme
About this build
Sadly, the hairpiece shown for Liandrin was the closest I could come to a multitude of braids. Lego has some issues with diversity which can make it challenging to illustrate certain hairstyles.
The Sul'dam and Damane dresses are a mix of waterslide decals and digital UV printing. Suroth's nails are blue paint and Elbar's horn is from BrickWarriors, a third party customizer.
The photo backdrop is Waimea Canyon on Kauaii; it is sometimes described as the Grand Canyon of Hawaii.
The artwork on this page is copyright 2017-2021 by Richard Martin. The source material is copyright by Robert Jordan.
Feel free to download the images in this gallery and to use them for non-commercial purposes. If you wish to re-post them online, you may do so as long as you give me credit by either citing me (Rick Martin) as the artist, linking to this site, and/or linking to my Facebook page or my Twitter account.
I am not affiliated with Robert Jordan in any way.